The October 2017 Wood Fired University is just weeks away, don’t miss out on your opportunity to learn from the best in the industry. This workshop is perfect for the beginner and and intermediary in the business, it’s specifically designed for those who want to raise their Fire Within business to the next level.
We hosted our first Wood Fired University workshop in 2009. 8 years later, we have seen thousands of graduates pass through the Wood Fired University doors and successfully enter the mobile food industry. Wood Fired University will give you the skills to use a mobile wood-fired oven, and the knowledge to avoid most common unforeseen mistakes.
Wood Fired University is designed to walk you through all of the stages of starting your own wood fired pizza oven catering business. You will learn specific preparation and cooking techniques used in the catering business as well as how to take your hobby and create a business strategy around it. Practice using the equipment and techniques proven for success in the mobile pizza catering business and receive advice from professionals in the field. Real mobile caterers from across the US will teach you how to take your passion for pie and turn it into a successful business strategy. No previous experience necessary.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The workshop starts on Friday evening (October 13th) for a meet and greet. A meal is included.
Saturday (October 14th) 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Breakfast and lunch included)
- Complete overview of the wood-fired catering business
- How to obtain permits and licenses
- Compare baking pizza at three types of events
- Determine necessary equipment
- Learn wood fired oven methods & techniques
- Dough making and management
- The Five Pillars of Management
Sunday (October 15th) 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Breakfast and lunch included)
- Wood fired oven methods and techniques part II
- Hands-on: handling dough and pizza making
- Marketing strategies
- Budgeting and start up costs
- Q& A with practicing wood fired caterers
Monday (October 16th) 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
On Monday: “We put everything you learn into action.” this is the charity event. We invite guests for the attendees to feed. From Set up, menu creation, decorations, executing the menu and feeding the crowd with smiles. That’s what’s happening on Monday.
- Learn advanced techniques
- Extends your menu and highlights how your wood fired oven can cook more than pizza
- Learn how to take your catering to the next level
- Learn how to make everything from roasted chicken to breakfast sandwiches all the way to delicious cannoli
WOOD FIRED UNIVERSITY
CURRICULUM AND BENEFITS
Our goal at Wood Fired University is to provide you a comprehensive understanding of how you can succeed.
Wood Fired University provides our community with the training needed to run your mobile wood fired pizza business. We do not consider our program a success until you understand how to cook the perfect pizza and run a business that makes you proud. Enroll today!
Across our program, you will be trained by a successful wood fired chef. You receive the first-hand direction from someone who has been in your shoes. Our instructors provide you an in-depth understanding of everything from making your first pie to the long-term care of your oven.